The average consumer is exposed to 3,000 ads and promotional massages every single day and business will do whatever they can to get a customer’s attention. Everywhere you look, there are store signs flashing, flickering and proclaiming, “Buy This,” “Try That” or “Come Check This Out!”
While it may seem overwhelming, but there’s reason you see all that promotion and advertising: it works and chances are good that you’re listening. The promotional products industry makes thousands of items imprinted with logos, slogans and the like to promote, organizations, services, products and events among other things.
Everywhere you look there are promotional products. That pen you accidently swiped from the bank that has the name and logo of the bank printed on it? That’s a promotional product. The company holiday gift that you and other employees get every year? That’s also a promotional product. In fact, approximately 91 percent of customers have at least one promotional product in their kitchen; 74 percent have at least one at their workplace and 55 percent have at least one in their bedroom.
Whether you may know it or not, promotional products can be extremely effective marketing tools that can help your company get noticed and increase its brand. Here are five benefits your company can gain from promotional products.
- Customer Loyalty: If you can find a way to retain loyal customers, that’s going to be good for your business long term. Promotional products such as pens, hats, personalized woven patches and other items can help foster the customer loyalty you’re seeking and give your company’s brand its own personality. Getting your logo or brand out there makes it easier for people to see it and remember it.
An effective and memorable logo can go a long way in increasing the brand awareness of a company. Whether it’s the color or colors, the text or the shape, there are a lot of factors involved with creating a logo and the right combination of those three factors can go a long way. If people can associate your company’s name, logo or brand with success and good service, they’re more likely to do repeat business with you.
- Cost Effectiveness: Compared to other forms of advertising, promotional products can be very cost-effective. Distributing promotional products increases the likelihood that word of your business will get around through word of mouth. Putting promotional products in the hands of the right person can be a godsend for your business. Sixty three percent of customers pass along promotional products to others and the average customer hangs on to a product for about six months, increasing the chances they will use the product and tell someone about your business.
- Recognition: There’s a reason why everyone flocks to companies like McDonalds, Coca-Cola and John Deere. They have strong reputations. They stand out and they know how to market themselves well. If you can do those things too and make people recognize your brand, success should follow. A custom embroidery shop or screen printing shop can help you on your way to making an memorable logo or creating products.
That’s where promotional products come in. 50 percent of people use promotional products like T-shirts, pens and personalized woven patches every day. In addition, 25 percent of people say their impression of a company is more positive after getting a promotional product.
- Standing Out: When it comes to promotional products, the sky is the limit for your company. Whether you want to slap your company’s logo on personalized woven patches, fidget spinners or pens and pencils, the possibilities are endless. You can gear certain products to specific markets and keep an eye on fads for new ideas of what you can put your company’s name or logo on.
- Better sales potential: While the whole point of promotional products is to increase awareness of something, when it comes to your company, they can also be used to generate new leads for sales. They can be used as an incentive for existing customers who refer someone to your business.
Whether you’re using personalized woven patches, branded apparel, labeling on mugs or Frisbees, promotional products can do a lot to help increase awareness of your business and help you stand out in an ever-changing marketplace.